McDonald’s joined up with rapper/producer Travis Scott in late 2020 to develop the viral phenomenon known as the Travis Scott Burger. The two collaborated for a limited period, allowing fans to purchase the star’s ready meal — a patty burger with his preferred toppings. A big Sprite and a side order of fries coated in barbecue sauce rounded out the order. The rapper revealed that he likes to add a few specific changes to his McDonald’s meal. Fans appreciated that they were getting the same thing Travis does when he visits McDonald’s.
Who is Travis Scott?
On April 30, 1991, Travis Scott, originally known as Jacques Bermon Webster II was born. Originally from the United States, Scott became a professional rapper and record producer. He signed his first major-label contract with Epic Records in 2012. In November of that year, Scott signed a publishing deal with Kanye West’s GOOD Music, as part of its production department Very GOOD Beats. Scott secured a recording contract with T.I.’s Grand Hustle label in April 2013. Owl Pharaoh, Scott’s first full-length record, was released in 2013.
Rodeo (2015), his debut studio album, was led by the breakthrough track “Antidote.” He has received eight Grammy awards and has won a Billboard Music Award as well as a Latin Grammy Award. Scott’s performance has though garnered more attention due to disputes and legal difficulties around concert safety. On November 5, 2021, at least 10 people were killed and hundreds were hospitalized during Scott’s performance at his Astroworld Festival in his hometown of Houston, Texas.
About the Travis Scott Burger meal
On September 8, 2020, the Travis Scott Burger was unveiled. The meal costs around $6, according to the McDonald’s official site. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and US territories will be able to order this dish. According to the McDonald’s memo, the Travis Scott Meal would have become a digital-only option announced last year. This should allow Scott’s more tech-savvy customers to continue ordering while alleviating some of the demand that is generating beef and bacon shortages.
Travis Scott Burger core ingredients
Cheddar Cheese: An American favourite, cheddar cheese has been used on burgers for ages. We like it since it’s easy to dissolve and has real flavour. You may use your favourite cheese instead.
Bacon: Putting slices of bacon to any burger may take things to a whole new level. Do not forget to include this delectable ingredient in your Travis Scott Burger.
Ground Beef: For a moist, delicious meal, use 80/20 ground chuck beef. The ground beef is 80 per cent leaner and 20 per cent fat, making it ideal for moist burger patties that aren’t overly greasy.
Salt and pepper: To avoid dominating the flavour of the beef, keep the spices basic. For a standard beef burger, season with salt and black pepper to taste. McDonald’s prepares the beef for their burgers in this manner.
Butter: Before spreading butter on your burger buns, soften it at room temperature. Adding butter to those delicious buns significantly improves their flavor.
Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, and cucumber slices are served as toppings by Travis Scott. These toppings will significantly improve the flavour of your burger too
Ketchup and Mustard: On Travis Scott burger, ketchup and mustard are widely available, and some claim that burgers would be incomplete without them.
Burger Buns with Sesame Seeds: People appreciate warm, toasty buns with sesame seeds in the topping. Because these are the buns used by McDonald’s, sesame seeds provide texture and taste to your bun while also keeping the recipe genuine. However, you may alter the recipe by using a different variety of bread.
Serving suggestions: Travis enjoys his burger with a side of barbecue-flavoured fries and a glass of Sprite. If you want the whole Travis Scott experience, get these sides with your burger.
Travis Scott Burger specialty
The Travis Scott Burger isn’t very exceptional, other from the addition of bacon to a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and a fondness for dipping fries in barbeque sauce rather than tomato sauce. Nonetheless, the mere gravitas connected with the #1-selling, Fortnite-rapping “Cactus Jack” was enough to propel it to the top of the charts. It’s so popular, in effect, that it’s causing problems in the McDonald’s distribution network.
Memes urging teenagers to purchase the Travis Scott meal, which uses some of Scott’s catchphrases and in-song commercial promos, and even reciting the lyrics to “Sicko Mode,” are causing serious logistical issues for some of the retail outlets.” According to a McDonald’s document obtained by Restaurant Business Online, the corporation has admitted that supply of crucial components has run low or even run out in specific places where Travis Scott Burger is selling exceptionally well.
How to make Travis Scott Burger at home?
- Toast the buns inside a clean griddle or cooking pan in medium heat if preferred. Before toasting, spread melted butter seasoned with garlic salt on the buns, or bake them simple. Remove the buns and set them aside when they are lightly brown.
- Place the bottom piece of American cheese out onto the bottom bun to melt while the toast is still fresh off the griddle.
- Turn the heat up to moderate and heat the bacon. Cook the bacon strips in a hot frying pan or deep fryer for 2-3 minutes per side. Place the cooked bacon on a plate or tray lined with paper towels.
- Form your quarter-pound burger patty while the bacon is frying. Make a circle, then flatten it into a beautiful patty. Season upward side to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned side of the burger patty into the prepared skillet or frying pan. Sprinkle the other side and fry the quarter-pound burger patty over medium-high heat. It will take around 3-4 minutes per side to cook your patties.
- Once the burger patty is nearly done, add the second piece of American cheese and let it warm. Remove from the heat and create your Travis Scott burger.
- Begin with your bottom bun, which already has a piece of cheese on it. Place the cooked burger with cheese onto the bottom bun. Place the fried bacon pieces on top of the burger, followed by the cheese, and finally the shredded lettuce.
- Add a spoonful of ketchup and a tablespoon of yellow mustard to the top bun. Close your burger with the cut pickles and onions in the condiments. Serve your homemade Travis Scott Burger right away.